Sunday 8 March 2020

Romantic Love is a Prelude

Romantic love is incomplete, it is a prelude.

Mature love has a bliss not even imagined by newlyweds.



This 92 year old man, Boyd K Packer, was married nearly 70 years when he gave a talk about a "cookie and a kiss" when he said the above quotes on marriage. 
He has a perspective on love that is rarely mentioned in books and certainly I haven't seen a Hallmark movie about a married couple growing old together. However, from what I've seen of 17 years of marriage, I believe "mature love has a bliss not even imagined by newlyweds". 
Here is one more gem from this great talk:

When it comes to my wife, the mother of our children, I am without words. The feeling is so deep and the gratitude so powerful that I am left almost without expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment