Sunday 6 October 2013

The Senses In Your Relationship



We recently read a book about parenting children based on their dominant senses. This got us thinking about how our own dominant senses affect our relationship. I'm (Leah) a fairly visual person. I say things like: "see you later" and I memorize things easily if I can see them. I started to realize that the things that Ryan does that bug me the most are actually visually related. I really like to see all the cupboards and closet doors closed all the time. Solution: tape pictures to the inside that I enjoy seeing, just in case he forgets to close the doors. 

So, Ryan on the other hand is auditory. He notices sounds that other people don't. Also, he's always confused when he hollers something across the room to me and I don't remember it later. Solution: write things down for me if he wants me to remember later or make eye contact while we talk.

Learning about each others' senses has helped us a bit. How about you?

"Country Chiq" puts up pictures on the inside of cupboard doors too, in her kids art room.
Cute!      cupboard drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment