Monday 28 October 2013

Full-Time Mission with an Eternal Companion

My parents just got called to serve as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for their third time. They've already served in Brazil and Australia. This time they get to serve in the United States. I'm very excited for them.



As their daughter, I've noticed that they seem much closer as a couple since serving missions together. So, I asked my Dad about it. He mentions that the missions have been good for them because they do good things together, make memories together and make a lot of good friends.  All these things have been very bonding for them as a couple. They also love watching the Gospel change peoples' lives for the better throughout the world.

All these missions together give new meaning to the phrase "eternal companion".


For a long time I've thought how cool it'd be for Ryan and I to go on a mission together one day. To me it would mean three important things:
  • we'd still be married!
  • we were still healthy enough to serve
  • we were still faithful in the Gospel
Hopefully we'll get to serve together one day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment